Home workers are now making
Overall development is a concept that includes both physiological and psychological development of a child, along with instilling the aspects of communication skills, learning, emotional, moral and social values in him.
AIDER believes in holistic development and transformation of community. AIDER conducts Computer Classes, Sewing Classes, Motivational Classes, Self- Défense classes, Counselling Sessions, Yoga, Music/Dance short courses, Mehndi classes for the children of deprived section of textile workers.
As a part of our Aider Next project, we have a Play School, one Computer Centre, Tuition Centre and a Tailoring Unit in Badarpur. Here, children are imparted valuable skills and knowledge without any fees or charges. AIDER also provides breakfast, fruits, biscuits and lunch to all children of play school. We believe in honing these little bundles of joy with love and proper nutrition.
We have another centre for Worker’s resource and facilitation centre & Worker’s voice help desk at Kapashera New Delhi . This initiative possesses a great value to expand harmonious relationship between employers and workers.
Women Café Meet: We have formulated “Mahila Chaupal Sabha” i.e. Women Café meet, conduct its meeting every Sunday. So far, we have come across grievances which are related to domestic violence, liquor addiction in male family members and inappropriate behaviour of landlords.
Also, we are distributing ration due to pandemic among the RMG workers and by now, we have distributed dry ration kits to the 780 families in the month of December. Which include Wheat flour 10 kg bag & another bag containing 5 kg rice, 2kg sugar,1kg salt, 2 kg multigrain pulses & 2 Pcs Lifebuoy bath soap and1 litre fortune mustered cooking oil and facemask. AIDER is actively working for the betterment of the RMG workers and women.
AIDER is on a recommended panel of institutions/organizations for providing training through programmes and workshop under Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act, 2013, (Gender Equality) in Ministry of Women and Child Development, Government of India.
Imparting training for honing their skills so that income of the workers can be enhanced and also provide a free package of services for them and their children, consisting of Computer Education, Academic coaching centre, Opening of bank account ,Health check-up, Nutrition, Nutrition education, Self- Défense trainings, legal literacy. We provide crèche facilities for dependent children of garment workers along with nutritive meals.
Partnership with International Apparels brands & AEPC
AIDER is associated with a number of international brands such as next Plc, Marks & Spencer, KapaAhl, Varner group and The Very Group. Some of impactful programs are mentioned below :-
- Strengthening apparels homeworking project in the RMG supply chain system,
Badarpur, New Delhi.( An Initiative of NEXT plc.)
- Monitoring factory grievance process mechanism and Child remediations- Varner.
- Workers Research on responsible Migrations, NCR .( An initiative of M&S )
- Factory Remediation Plan, strengthening of all the important Committees.
- Multiple engagement programs for garment workers and supervisors. Conducting seminars on Internal complaint committees, gender sensitization and ethical practices.
- Strengthening Worker’s Voice Help Desk Project.( Worker’s Resource and Facilitation centre) Kapashera- New Delhi.( An Initiative of NEXT plc.)
- Conduct counselling session for workers and Management & factory Investigation. Our Interns are from Institute Like IIT-Delhi, IIIT Delhi, Petroleum and energy Studies – etc.